January 16, 2012

Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits-Using Your Food Storage!

 

NOTE: For this and other great recipes, visit my new blog:

EatWhatYouStore.com

 
 

I {Heart} Red Lobster! The food their is so yummy. When my grandfather was growing up, he lived in New York. Because he was so close to the coast, he ate seafood all the time. But, when he married my grandma, they moved to Utah. Living in a dessert, seafood isn't something we eat everyday. =) So, Red Lobster became one of his favorite restaurants to go to here in Utah. It is the only place I ever remember going to lunch with him. Grandpa was one of those people that had so many stories to tell. Growing up, I didn't appreciate as much as I should have. And now that he is gone, I love reading his life history.

This is a photo of my grandpa, mom, my daughter and me at Red Lobster the last time I was able to go to lunch with him. In the photo, I was pregnant with our last child. I drove over an hour so I could go to lunch with him and my mom. I'm so glad mom brought her camera that day!
 

Anyway, I not only love Red Lobster food, I especially love their biscuits. YUMMO!!! I could eat an entire basket of them. They are awesome!

My neighbor gave me a copycat homemade recipe for the Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits a while back. I decided to try it with my food storage, and it worked! I was so excited! I make these rolls a couple times a month and my family snarfs them down.



Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits
2 cup Bisquick mix (from the store, or the copy cat recipe below)
1/2 cup cold water
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (I use THRIVE Freeze Dried Cheese and rehydrate it with water)
1/4 cup butter (or 1/4 cup butter powder & 3 Tbsp. water mixed together)
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings


Preheat oven to 450`. Mix 2 cups Bisquick Mix, cheese (hydrated) and water. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Back 8-10 minutes. If you are not using butter powder, then during the last few minutes of baking, melt butter and mix in seasonings. If you ARE using butter powder, then mix butter, water, and seasonings together. After you take the rolls out of the oven, while they are still hot, brush with the butter mixture. Enjoy!

 Homemade Bisquick Mix
9 cups flour
1/3 cup baking powder
1 Tablespoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup powdered milk
2 cups shortening (or 2 cups shortening powder)

Mix all the dry ingredients, then cut in the shortening. Makes 13 cups. Store at room temperature or in the fridge.

NOTE: If you are using the shortening powder, don't add water when you first make the mix. When you add the Homemade Bisquick mix in a recipe, then add a little water. Use about 1 Tablespoon water per cup of mix. You might need to play around with your recipe.

Now, the next time you get a hankering for Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits, you don't need to drive to a Red Lobster to get them. Make them at home one night for your family! {It makes Cents.}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was way yummy. Thanks for the recipe!