August 12, 2011

Zucchini Bread

NOTE: For this and other great recipes, visit my new blog:

EatWhatYouStore.com




Zucchini...Have you ever planted a zucchini plant? If you have, you know that from one plant, you get oodles of zucchini! We only plant on zucchini in our garden each year. I love to eat it smothered in butter and cheese! My family on the other hand, could care less about eating it. So, every year, I try to find uses for it.
Last year, I was looking for a good Zucchini Bread recipe. I pulled out a Ward Cookbook from the ward I grew up in. As I looked, I found one that looked really good. It was submitted by my dear, sweet Grandma who lived in our ward when I was younger! I was so excited to find one of her recipes. So, today, I'm sharing it with you. I have tweaked it a bit to make it more healthier. I substituted applesauce for part of the oil, reduced the sugar, and used wheat flour instead of white.

Here you go! Leave a comment and let me know what you think!



Zucchini Bread
Mix together eggs, sugar, oil (applesauce), and vanilla. Then add the other ingredients and stir well. Pour into greased loaf pans. Bake at 350` for 1 hour for large loaves or 30-45 minutes for small ones. It is done when a toothpick in the center comes cleans and the sides have pulled away from the pan.

No comments: