August 10, 2011

Easiest Bread Recipe Ever!

For more recipes like this, visit my new blog: EatWhatYouStore.com
 
 
This is the Easiet Homemade Bread Ever! From start to finish, it is only one hour.  Yes, one hour! My family loves hot bread fresh out of the oven. It is so yummy! Your neighbors will think you slaved for hours to make homemade bread. It is so easy, my husband or I make it about 4 times a week. (Yes, my husband makes it, too. It is that easy!) I figured out the price once, and it only costs $.70 for two loaves of whole wheat bread! Wow! Because of the price of bread in the store, it makes "cents" to make homemade bread!

This is the origional recipe. I cut the recipe in half and do it in my Kitchen-aid mixer. I don't figure out what half of 3/4 cup is, I just eyeball the 3/4 cup and just fill it half full. Same with 1/3 cup.

 Here you go!
Preheat oven to warm. (About 180') 
  • 10 1/2 cups ground wheat, white flour, or bread flour - I started using THRIVE flours
  • 2 Tbsp SAF yeast
  • 1 Tbsp salt (Don't let it touch the yeast, or it will kill the yeast.) I use THRIVE salt
  • 3 Tbsp dough enhancer (You don't need this if you use bread flour)
  • 3/4 cups sugar or honey ***Add honey after mixing dry ingredients together. I use THRIVE sugar
Combine the above ingredients together.
  • Add 1/3 cup oil 
  • 4 cups hot water. (Not warm, but hot.)
Mix and mix until it starts to form a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Add more water if the flour is not mixing up enough. Or, add more flour if it sticks to the bowl. Mix it for 10 minutes.

Spray your counter with Pam. Then, place dough on it. I don't use flour when I'm shaping my bread dough because it adds flour to the dough and I don't want it too dry. Cut the dough into 4 pieces. Shape each piece and put in a bread pan sprayed with pam. Place in the warm oven. Let rise for 20 minutes. Then, turn oven to 350' and cook for 20-25 more minutes. It is done when it is a golden color on top.

***Like I said, I only do half the recipe, so we get 2 loaves of bread. My family loves it so much, we usually don't have leftovers the next day. Enjoy!!!

No comments: