February 2, 2010

Awesome Cornbread

NOTE: For this and other great recipes, visit my new blog:

EatWhatYouStore.com

 

This is the most AMAZING cornbread you will ever try! I’m serious! It will knock your socks off! And, best of all...it is super easy!!!

Growing up, I didn’t care for cornbread. I always thought it was too dry and crumbly. That was until my dear friend Marilynn gave me this awesome recipe. I love it so much because it is moist and SO tasty!


This recipe makes a large 9x13 pan of the best cornbread.
NOTE: If your family is not as large as mine, or you would just like to make a smaller version of this recipe, you can cut all the ingredients in half. Then, pour into a 9x9 pan and bake. It works great, and tastes wonderful! Or, try it as 24 muffins for your kids! You can freeze the leftovers it for later, too!
YUMMY!
Super Easy Cornbread 
First of all, preheat your oven to 350`. Then, grease a 9x13 pan.

Then, in a large bowl, beat eggs and milk.

Add melted butter and mix. Add all of the dry ingredients and mix until all the lumps are gone.


Pour into your 9x13 glass dish.


If you want to, you can sprinkle the top with 1-2 Tablespoons of sugar. After it is cooked, this creates a yummy layer of sugar crystals. My kids love it!


Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven. (In my oven, I have to cook it closer to 40 minutes.) It should be a beautiful golden brown color on top. It is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
It would be so much fun to put the cornbread in this! Or this cute corn shaped bread!

It taste so yummy by itself, but you can serve hot with honey and butter on top. My kids and husband love to put it in a bowl and pour milk over the top. I love to make this when I make chili! Enjoy!

No comments: